5.27.2011

fully known and completely adored



my heart is overwhelmed today
the unchanging love of my sweet saviour
is too much to bear.

though I cannot comprehend it
I am
at the same time
fully known
and
completely adored
by the maker and sustainer
of everything that
is.

he created every fiber of my being
knit me together in my mother’s womb
breathed life into my lungs
and named me
his.

and oh, how the Artist loves his masterpiece.
Beauty himself calls me lovely.

and he is always with me
he sees my every move
my every thought
... even the unfaithful thoughts
and the ways I betray him.
and yet his love is immovable;
he rejoices over me with singing
and commands his angels
to bend down and listen
as I worship him.

all of my days are known by him
no trial I encounter surprises him.
I trust in the God who is able to shield me from all things
and the God who sometimes chooses not to.
I praise him in joy and in pain
because his perfect will
and his good leadership
are not defined by my circumstances.

he promises to work all things together for my good
and restore all that has been broken and lost
he set(s) me free from captivity
even from the chains that I often willingly carry.
he is the redeemer of my past
fills my todays with adventure
and gives me hope for the future.

and my God keeps his promises.

I cannot wrap my small mind around it.
I will never understand it.
but my heart recognizes it as the whole truth.

everything that I am aches
to see him in his glory
I am altogether undone and overcome
you take my breath away

and you respond
you calm my restless heart
with a peace that surpasses all understanding.

for this too shall pass
he will come for me
and on that glorious day
we will be one
I will be in your presence
and we will walk together in the cool of the day
as you always intended for us
heart and soul complete at last

my beloved is mine
and I am his

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ash. What a great post and a good looking blog. Boy, I strugge with that idea that God chooses not to shield me from things. I have a hard time thinking of him letting bad stuff come my way. As a dad, I try to keep all the bad stuff from my kids and wish my Heavenly Dad would do the same. Guess that's why He's God and I'm not, huh? Thanks for the great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete